Tuesday 3 April 2012

Cover for Beyond Redemption


I see that amazon are now showing the cover for Beyond Redemption, my 25th Black Horse Western. It's a fairly generic western image, but as it's one of those stories that involves gun-toting blokes hiding behind boulders a lot, I reckon it's nicely appropriate. On the other hand, I don't think any cover would completely satisfy as Terrell L. Bowers' recent novel had the perfect cover for this book.


This cover by co-incidence depicts a scene from Beyond Redemption, and it was not only an important scene, but it was the first part of the story that I wrote. I'd originally intended to start the story with a literal cliff-hanger, but as I moved on I became more interested in finding out why this situation had arisen and so I kept going back and back until in the end the situation comes at the halfway way point. The standing bloke is even a perfect depiction of how I'd imagined Elmer Drake to look.

Anyhow the book is out in August and here's the blurb:

As a child Jeff Dale witnessed the terrible aftermath of an atrocity. Elmer Drake killed three members of a family and when the surviving girl Cynthia went missing, Jeff vowed that one day he'd find her, no matter how long it took.

Ten years later, after finding a clue about Cynthia's fate, Jeff becomes a bounty hunter and follows the trail to the frontier town of Redemption. And in Redemption stalks a gunslinger who carries a gun in one hand and a cross in the other. A man with a rope-burn around his neck, called Elmer Drake...

No comments: